Arts & Craft Organisations
- Arts Council England, South East
- Sovereign House
+44 (0)845 300 6200
The regional arts development agency for Kent, Surrey, East Sussex, West Sussex and the unitary authorities of Brighton & Hove and Medway. They are one of ten regional arts boards in England and part of the national arts funding system along with the Arts Council of England, British Film Institute and Crafts Council.
- Brighton & Hove Council
- +44 (0)1273 292533
Arts Recreation and Tourism - responsible for the management and promotion of Brighton & Hove's cultural, tourism and leisure services.
- Moor Arts
- Moor Arts motton - "To wake the soul by tender stokes of art, to raise the genius and to mend the heart" Alexander Pope.
Look out for their yearly fundraising Postcard Art Auction - 2003 raised £2,500 to go towards arts workshops for adults with mental health problems
- Sussex Arts Marketing
- +44 (0)1273 724811
Has a great What's On Calendar to find arts events in the Sussex area and direct links to historic houses, gardens, theatres, art galleries and museums to find year-round culture and heritage attractions.
- Crafts Council
- 44a Pentonville Road
+44 (0)20 7278 7700
The Crafts Council is the UK's national organisation for the promotion of contemporary crafts. Established in 1971,they are an independent body funded by the Arts Council England, responsible for promoting fine craftsmanship, encouraging high standards and increasing public awareness of contemporary crafts and applied arts.
The Crafts Council recently launched Photostore Online - an applied art research and commissioning tool, profiling over 1,000 selected designer-makers and featuring 50,000 images of their work. Photostore enables users to browse info on designer-makers efficiently, look at examples of their work and contact makers of interest.
- Artists Open Houses
- A collection of all the Brighton & Hove based Open House organisation most of which have exhibitions twice a year - during Brighton Festival in May and Christmas Open Houses.
- Brighton Carnival Association
- runs an annual carnival parade and workshops with community groups, schools and interested individuals in the run up to the big day. held on 22 July in 2007.
- Brighton Early Music Festival
- Brighton early music festival is the largest event to celebrate the music of the past in the southern half of the country. Attracting two lives BBC broadcasts in 2007, the festival includes a massive range of music stradding classical, jazz, world and folk, with over 20 events.
- Brighton & Hove Camera Club
- +44 (0)1273 732530
- Brighton Underground
- Brighton Underground's goal is to contribute to a sense of community in the local music, performing arts and visual arts sector in Brighton & Hove and to provide a forum to make contacts across the South Coast
- Charity Dreams
- An art4charity group encouraging artist to join us
- Dupont Art Club
- Dupont Art Club are a member of Brighton and Hove Arts Council.
- Fiveways Artists Group
- The first and largest local group to hold Open-House exhibitions during the Brighton Festival and again at Christmas. The members of the group are united not by a single artistic approach but all live and work as professional artists near Fiveways Junction on the Ditchling Road, Brighton
- Art for any occasion - whatever your environment, whatever your needs we can offer a bespoke creative solution.
- Want some Free Drugs?
- There's a decidedly dangerous magazine around heavily influenced by cartoonist Robert Crumb.
- Friends of Hove Museum and Art Gallery
- 19 New Church Road
+44 (0)1273 779410
- Hove Arts
- A group of artists formed four years ago to participate in the Brighton & Hove Festival programme. We came together to link our venues - open houses, studios and workshops- to form a group promoting the work of artists in the area. The idea was to recognise and develop the art activities in Hove
- Life Music
- Holistic singing, voice and music lessons evolved over years of study, imagination and experimentation, for fun, healing and self-expression
- Aims to deliver high quality theatre and film.
It is interested in forming links with secondary schools / youth centres that would like to make a strong commitment to the dramatic arts and benefit from the provision of a Fresh Thin-King drama project. Using participatory theatre thin-king will explore every aspect of the theatrical process.
- Viva Art
- Runs childrens art and craft classes both in school and after school. They rely on support from trusts and foundation to run classes at no cost to children from deprived backgrounds
- Artists Incorporated
- Pay-to-exhibit gallery setup to support all artforms
- Brighton Artists
- An online community art website that promotes and displays orginal art from artists across Sussex
- The Carbonbased Collective
- An organisation for creative individuals. A free online and realtime organisation / resource devoted to bringing creatives together for collaboration and inspiration. Open to all creatives from artists to musicians to writers etc.
- Earth Love Fund
- +44 (0)1865 511 297
ELF is an established non-profit organisation which encourages artists from all walks of life to give something back to the environment. To date, the charity has raised funds through the arts for over one hundred conservation projects around the world
- Four Walls - art promotion
- 9 Foundry Street
+44 (0)1273 694405
Four Walls supplies work by artists from Brighton and the South East such as Simon Dixon, Chris Kettle, Rick Fullwood, Sophie Abbott and Becky Blair. Its broad portfolio of quality contemporary art work by fresh and modern painters, printmakers and photographers offers potential to private and corporate clients alike
- Friends of Brighton Museum and Art Gallery
- Church Road
+44 (0)1273 603005
- The Graffiti scene in Brighton
- Something you can't miss and here's some of the better work....
- Kemp Town Artists
- The Kemp Town Artists formed back in 1982. There was a growing demand for an artists group where all can share and show their artistic talents, their ideas and relate with fellow artists
- The Puppeteers' Company
- A British based company with an international reputation. Formed by Steve Lee and Peter Franklin in 1980, the company has performed all around the world. Cabaret seasons have included the Caribbean, Alaska, the Bahamas and Brazil
- Threads is an exciting collaboration by 10 accomplished textile artists. Working together to share their passion for exploring and experimenting with all things textile.